Focusing on Economic Sustainability and
Preserving the North Country Way of life
It would be an honor and privilege to represent you in the New York State Legislature. I have lived and worked in the North Country my entire life and I am committed to creating more opportunity and economic stability in the region so that people will stay here and prosper.
As this region’s elected representative, my priorities will be:
- Creating employment opportunities that allow young people to remain in North Country communities after they complete their education
- Funding improvements of local roads, bridges and infrastructure
- Ensuring all residents and businesses have access to Broadband Internet
- Empowering local school districts and their educators with greater involvement in the creation of educational curriculum and increase funding for schools
- Improving North Country services for military veterans
I am proud of the accomplishments of the Franklin County Legislature during my term as chair; accomplishments which include keeping county budgets within the tax cap; retention and expansion of the Agri-Mark plant; planning solar farms to reuse abandoned landfills; obtaining state approval of the occupancy fee to fund tourism promotion; creating the first ever economic development department in Franklin County; improving 911 dispatch services to cover fire and police departments; and making government more efficient.
There is nothing wrong with the North Country that can’t be fixed by what is right with the North Country.
D. Billy Jones